How to do grafting:
1. Upon getting selected a good scion(one year old, w/no less than 2 sections of joint above) & cut it (wipe grafting tool cutting blade with alcohol) to perfect fit to rootstock (canbium layer should be contacted well), tying with nursery tape or rubber(should be tight joint point).
2. Apply the environmental friendly grafting tape over the grafting area, overlap 3 to 4 times, make sure it is tight(air tight: prevent rain/water, bacteria or any other disease from getting into grafting area and keeps the moisture inside the grafting/joint area). Also apply tree seal to cover any new-cut expose area(to prevent infection & keep moisture inside scion/rootstock, very important!), especially on scion’s tip point, should apply seal to prevent die back effect.
3. Cover the grafting area with clear plastic bag(spray some filtered water into inner bag area, to keep moisture inside bag, Do not spray water at grafting area). If there is direct sunlight over the grafting area, use brown paper lunch bag to cover it for protection.
4. After 3 weeks, if the scion still look pretty greenish, then it is great chance that you are going to see the new bud coming out from scion in 4 to 8 weeks depends on temperature & weather.
Notes: Doing grafting requires knowledge, skill & patient, some species are easy but some are harder. At all times do some study/research on internet before you do it(search for specific plant that you plan to do). Any special technic on particular kind of plant you’ll learn from expert. Plus be aware of little details, this will At all times help & increase your chance to success on the grafting.
1 x Grafting tool with one blade
2 x Extra blades
1 x Grafting tape
Note:There are 3 blades in the package in total, are U, V and Ω shape.
Different from traditional grafting tool, it is easy so that you can cut anastomosed connnector for connecting.
Easy so that you can prune branch into U shape, V shape and Ω shape.
Comes with 2 blades, each blade with two cutter points.
Can be utilized to prune useless tree branch.
The blades may also be replaced.
Frequently Bought Together
- This item: Signstek Garden Fruit Tree Professional Prune Shear Snip Grafting Cutting Tool with 2 Extra Blades and Grafting Tape$19.99
- Zenport K106 Grafting and Budding Folding Knife, Dual Edge Tip, 2.25-Inch Stainless Japanese Steel Blade$11.41